Gladstone Village Hall is the perfect location for a wedding reception. The Hall is located in the picturesque village of Burton on the Wirral, 7 miles north-west of Chester.
Gladstone Village Hall is situated in the centre of the village overlooking woods with the village playing field to the rear and open countryside beyond. There is ample free car parking on site with good transport links to the M56 within easy reach and Hooton railway station only 4 miles away.
The Parish Church of St Nicholas Church is only a few minutes walk away: www.burtonchurch.org.uk
The Hall has recently been redecorated and can accommodate up to:
- 48 to 60 persons comfortably for a formal wedding reception (dependent upon table plan)
- 110 persons for dancing/disco type of event
- 120 persons seated conference style
- 150 persons for exhibitions/fairs
Also there is a generous sized stage for entertainment.
The fully modernised kitchen is available for private use or for professional caterers with a dishwasher, fridge, microwave, fridge, range cooker and warming cupboard. Our wedding package includes the hire of the whole building as well as tables and chairs. However, some couples may wish to hire in circular tables that would have to be hired in by the Hirer. A new sound system is also available for use if required. High chairs are not provided.
The Hall will be cleaned in time for you to set up for your event. Our cleaner will visit during the day of your reception to ensure the cloakroom facilities are well maintained throughout. The Hall will be cleared and cleaned for you after the event has finished. However, you or your caterer will be expected to remove all food, glasses, cutlery and crockery at the end of the day. All bunting, decorations and balloons must be removed by you at the end of the day or possibly early the next morning.
Wedding Package Hire Charge: £650
Refundable Deposit: £400
The Hire Charge includes:
- Setting up time from 1600 hours the day before your event
- All day for the event
- A finish time of 2300 hours
- The building to be vacated by 2330 hours (although there may be a little flexibility with these timings by prior arrangement).
Services not included: catering costs, service of food and drink, the supply of any room decorations and materials.
You are welcome to decorate the Hall but nothing must be attached to the fabric of the building e.g. walls and woodwork. Use of blu-tac or white tac and sellotape is prohibited. Fixing hooks are in place for the attachment of bunting/banners etc.
Use of lighted candles is discouraged due to the fire hazard.
Sky or Chinese Lanterns are prohibited from being released from the Gladstone Village Hall area and land due to the proximity of farm buildings, thatched cottages and the flight path of aeroplanes taking off and landing at Liverpool Airport.
Entertainment decibel levels must not exceed Environmental Health Protection Act 1990 due to the proximity of houses as defined in Section 79(g) as ‘noise emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance’). Please request your guests leave your event quietly in respect of villagers living close by.
Enquiries, Booking and Payment Terms:
All enquiries regarding the hire of Gladstone Village Hall should be directed to Connie Draper, using 0151 336 3679 or the contact form.
- The booking is only confirmed with the payment of a refundable security deposit of £400 and completion of the wedding booking form that will be supplied by Connie Draper.
- The deposit will be refunded in full within 14 days after the event provided there has been no unacceptable behaviour, damage, missing items, excessive noise, spillages or excessive mess. The amount refunded will be reduced as directed by the Village Hall Management Committee.
- A full wedding payment of £650 is required 28 days in advance of the wedding date.
We do not have credit card facilities. Cheques should be made payable to: ‘GVH Facilities Ltd’ and sent to Neil Sturmey, Treasurer, ‘Maple House’ The Village, Burton in Wirral, Cheshire, CH64 5TH. Cash payment is accepted. If you wish to pay online we can provide the necessary bank account details.
To view our cancellation policy and/or make a cancellation please click here.